A government initiative in 1987 was the catalyst for the formation of what we now know as the Papworth Patients’ Link. Our aims are
- good liaison between surgery staff and patients and the well-being of all
- provision of beneficial services, equipment and amenities above those the doctors are required to supply
Papworth patients generally agree our surgery offers an excellent service, but there is always room for improvement. We want to be responsive to current needs and would like to encourage more involvement from a wider representation of the 7,100 patients on the Surgery List.
If you would like to help please submit the “Join Patient Group” form. The Under 60’s are particularly under-represented!! We know attending meetings isn’t always easy whatever time they are scheduled, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who has experience of “virtual groups”.
‘Health Matters’ at Eltisley Fete
There was a steady flow of interest at the stall with a number of people taking time to complete the health checks and ask more about ‘healthy living’, whilst others simply wanted to ‘try out’ on the rowing machines. A big thank you to Carole and Sue who gave up their afternoon to facilitate everything in such a professional way and to Dean and John who came along to help too.
Vacancies on “The Patients’ Link”
- an Exercise Champion – a volunteer who will help us identify ways of improving access to appropriate exercise
- a Social Media Guru – a volunteer who could help us improve our communication with practice patients
- a representative from Papworth Everard to join us on Committee
If interested in helping in any of these ways please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
2017 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – June 16th at 7.30pm
This was an opportunity to hear from Patients’ Link, and be updated on the April merger between Hinchingbrooke, and Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals.
Attendance was disappointing – your Committee were obviously misguided in thinking patients would be interested in hearing from the Chief Executive of the newly merged hospitals!!
Thank you to Stephen Graves for giving his evening up to come and talk with us, and to all those who did support the evening, with special thanks to those who provided refreshments and organised the raffle.
A highlight of the evening was when the WI presented a cheque for £1400, the amazing sum of money raised at their Fashion Show earlier in the year. Be assured the money will be spent wisely once a specific need is identified. On the subject of expenditure an interesting fact revealed in the Chairman’s report was that since 1987 Patients’ Link has spent over £50,000 on equipment and enhancements to the building to improve the patient experience.
- The first committee meeting of 2018 will be on Tuesday 16th January at 6.00pm in the Surgery Waiting Room
- Would you be interested in a quarterly Open Evening/ Q & A Forum with different members of the Practice Medical Team?
- Are there any topics you would you like us to arrange speakers for?
- Would you be interested in joining a Walking Group, or other sporting activity?
- Do you need help getting to and from appointments, or collecting medication?
- What suggestions do you have for improvements at our surgery?
Your feedback on these sorts of issues is really important to us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org